Thursday, November 1, 2012

How I spent my Halloween

Since I stayed for the awards after the race on Tuesday night and then made a stop by Walmart, I didn't get home until 8:45. I didn't end up getting in bed until well after 11, which is way late for this old lady. So I slept in until 8:30 and that's only because my phone rang and woke me up. 

Since my day started so late I decided to take it easy and wait for it to warm up a bit before I went on my easy 6 mile run. I had breakfast (shredded wheat, skim milk, and a banana) and caught up on all my social networking. Since I usually find it hard to get motivated to work out if I don't do it first thing in the morning, I kept procrastinating my run. 

Finally, at around noon I got up and started to get ready to go. I made it out the door around 12:45 but by then it was at least warm enough (for me) to try out my new Under Armor shirt and give my new shorts a second test run. 

I wanted to run at a casual, easy pace just to see what an easy pace is now that the half marathon training is over. I forgot about how bad the wind is here, especially in the middle of the day when the planes are flying (I live on an Air Force base). The problem with wind is it makes me run faster than I should because I keep hoping I can outrun it or at least change directions so it isn't smacking me in the face. 

I pushed way too hard during my first mile and the rest of the run reflected that. I had to stop and fix my hair because it was falling down and I also stopped for a walk break halfway in. I wanted to use this run to work on my form so I kept having to focus and remind myself to keep my arms down, land with my feet under me not in front of me, and keep my breathing even and controlled. This focus takes a lot of my energy so between that and everything I did on Tuesday I was just not feeling it. Even with all that I still managed to finish my "easy" run in an hour and 2 minutes.

After my run it was time for lunch. I had the usual turkey wrap and then a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I have a hard time deciding what treat I want with my lunch so I end up piling on a few different things in the hopes that I will satisfy whatever craving I am having and can't identify.

I spent the next few hours snacking on my weight in candy corn and dipping about half of it in peanut butter (seriously, try it!). At around 6pm I made a quick dinner so I could go sit in my bedroom with all the lights off and avoid the trick or treaters because I failed to get the tons of candy required to last the 2 hours of trick or treating on base. 

Dessert consisted of this: 

Then its time to hit the hay because I have a very busy day ahead of me for Thursday, hope I don't have a sugar crash and get lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment