Sunday, November 4, 2012

Playing catch-up

Yes, I know, I'm being a lazy blogger again. But I have been somewhat busy and having lots of fun so please forgive me. Let me catch you up on the last few days: Thursday was spent unpacking, doing laundry, repacking, cleaning the house, running some errands, and getting some much needed sleep. 

I got up at 6am on Friday morning, loaded the car, and headed down to the Gulf Coast so I could spend the next week with my much missed hubby. I know I was just down here last weekend but I needed some more quality time with my awesome man. What a pretty drive it was with all the changing colors! 
The picture doesn't do it justice, I love fall!
I got here about 11am and met Chris for lunch. We had Charley's subs, and I tried something new instead of getting my usual philly steak. I got a turkey and cheddar, sorry no picture of this as I was starving and scarfed it down way too quick. Chris was also nice enough to share his fries with me, just another reason that I love him!
I always think of this when I think about sharing food.
Chris headed back to work and I headed to the condo to rest for a little bit and change for our run at the Ocean Springs bridge that afternoon. Let me just say that it was HOT out there! It was also really sunny and I was squinting hard. Chris wanted to run 3.5 miles at his speedy pace and I was just looking to get in a easy run so I decided to run 3 miles. The run felt good and I was enjoying tackling the hills but just when I was about to finish strong a bug flew in my eye at 2.80 miles. It hit me right in my tear duct and hurt like crazy but I kept running and trying to get it out of my eye at the same time. I finally made it the 3 miles and then stopped to walk. At this point my eye was really hurting and I wasn't sure if I had actually gotten the bug out of my eye. I finally caught up with Chris and asked him if he could see it in there and he said no, so I figured it was still hurting from the trauma and it would stop soon. This wouldn't have happened if I had a nice pair of running sunglasses (hint, hint). 
What it felt like when that bug flew in my eye!
After the run, we headed back to the condo to shower and get dressed. Then we headed out to dinner and Chris took me to a place I had never eaten at, Grains of Montana. It was delicous! I got a cashew chicken salad sandwich on sourdough bread with the house chips. I have had chicken salad with walnuts or pecans but never cashews and it was interesting. The chips were really good and had a flavor that I could not figure out but I loved it anyway. Sorry, once again no pic as I was way too hungry to take the 5 seconds to snap one. 
Then we headed over to Target, my favorite store, to look around. It was candy corn heaven and we found some interesting stuff. 
Candy corn bark!

Corn chips, pretzels, and candy corn
We also picked up some Halloween candy on clearance including this and 2 bags of candy corn to get us through the next week. 

I found a new running shirt on clearance for $3.50, I love when I luck out and find things in my size! Then we walked around Best Buy and Dicks Sporting Goods for a bit and decided to call it a night. We got back to the condo and watched The Campaign. I thought it was pretty funny but also a sad representation of what politics have come to in America. 
We slept in on Saturday morning (7:30 is sleeping in to me) and then got up and went to Walmart for some groceries. We got back and ate breakfast (just some poptarts for me, getting those carbs in for my long run on Sunday). Then Chris worked on some school work while I caught up on my internet stalking and watched some college football. Georgia was playing awful and Chris needed a break, so we decided to go to the mall and look around. I tried on a few things in American Eagle and they really need to work on their sizing. I typically wear a size 2-4 depending on the brand, I tried on a pair of size 00 shorts that fit really well, a pair of size 0 jeans that I couldn't get all the way up, a pair of size 0 capris that were a little loose and a pair of size 4 capris that fell off of me. I decided I didn't need any more clothes so we did some more walking around and left the mall empty handed.

We got back in time to see Georgia kicking butt, I guess I just needed to stop watching so they would win! Well, I think I have gotten close to catching you up on my weekend, my next post will include the rest of my Saturday and my 15 miler on Sunday!
Had to share the beautiful sunset from Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment