Monday, October 1, 2012

Lots of food...and a little exercise

I eat way too good when I am at my parent's house, it is both a blessing and a curse. I love having food cooked for me because I am so lazy when it comes to cooking but without all my running I'm sure I have put on 5 pounds! Last night was no exception to the good food rule. 

We had a delicious dinner filled with lots of beautiful and colorful veggies. We also had some yummy steak and a giant baked potato, both cooked to perfection on the grill by my Daddy.


Here is my salad and dinner plate after I got it all fixed up. By the way, that is not sour cream on my baked potato, but greek yogurt. If you like sour cream, try replacing it with greek yogurt and see if you like it. The plain non-fat version tastes almost exactly the same as full fat sour cream, and you get a lot more protein and calcium by substituting.


This morning I got up and decided to actually do something other than sit my butt on the couch all morning. Dad said it was going to be about an hour until breakfast was ready so I went down to the basement (since it is really wet outside right now) and did a short workout. I spent about 30 minutes on the stationary bike and followed that with some weight lifting. I will be heading back down shortly after breakfast digests to do some Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. I love it when she kicks my butt into gear!

Breakfast this morning was once again delicious and filling. Banana and peanut butter pancakes (with bacon, sadly not pictured). They were so good I couldn't even take a picture of them before I had a couple of bites and you better believe I had seconds. (And third and fourths on the bacon)!!

Does anyone else think that food tastes so much better when someone else makes it for you? Maybe that's why people enjoy eating out so much.

Anyone else have recommendations for healthy substitutions for our unhealthy indulgences?

No comments:

Post a Comment