Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sugar coma

Since I am still trying to let my foot heal properly, I decided to skip my long run today for the first time in over 11 weeks. Needless to say it is a strange feeling to change up my running routine, but it makes it easier that I am visiting my parents and feeling like I am on vacation. I really hope I can get outside and do some hill work while I am here to take advantage of the wonderfully steep hills by my parents house.



This is just a sampling of one of the small hills that make me so happy, since I have nothing but flat, flat, flat to run on back home. 

source 

Yesterday afternoon we all went to a potluck get together which is one of my favorite things to do (aside from not knowing anyone there and being the youngest by almost 30 years). It was a make your own nachos bar with lots of wonderful yumminess. My nachos had tons of cheese, sour cream, and my new favorites olives and guacamole. Sadly there is no picture of this as I was way to hungry to take the 5 seconds to snap a pic.















Now a southern potluck would never be complete without a never ending supply of sugary goodness. This is plate #1 and #2 that I quickly devoured in about 2.5 seconds and enjoyed every single second of it! 

Included on these plates of delicious goodness is the best peanut butter fudge I have ever had, I could have kept on eating that all day even though I was about to explode from all the food and sweet goodness in my tummy. I definitely need to get back out on the road and run off some of this sweet indulgence.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment