Friday, September 28, 2012

Runner's High Hangover

I'm sure you have heard it before: what goes up, must come down and that is exactly what I have been going through the last few days. I was riding an awesome runner's high from Saturday's race and then from my 13.5 mile run on Sunday. Unfortunately, I overdid it with all the running and spent all day Monday on the couch trying to rehab my sore foot.

Tuesday was spent driving the 4 hours back home, napping, unpacking, then repacking for my trip the following day. Wednesday I got up at 5am and headed out for my 5 hour drive to visit with the parentals for a little while. Still suffering from the inflamed tendon in my foot, I spent the last 2 days sitting around a lot and icing my foot.

This morning I decided to do a very short run to test out the foot to see if I could run the 5k race taking place tomorrow, since I already paid for it. I made it 1.3 miles before my foot started bothering me and walked the .2 miles back to the house, all the while the pain in my foot becoming worse. However, once I got back and took my shoe off the ache almost completely went away. I'm not sure what the means for the race tomorrow. I'm hoping I can run it and not do any more damage to my foot so I will still be able to run my half marathon in October.

On a happier note, I am getting tons of entertainment from watching Daisy bond with my parent's animals, Samson and Mortimer. Animals are so funny and provide endless amounts of enjoyment!


 This is sweet baby Mortimer, who is highly enjoying hissing, swatting, and chasing Daisy.






Oh and despite my reduction in activity I am happy to report that it has not decreased my desire for the endless amount of sweets throughout my parents house.








This is what is left of the pumpkin bread my Dad and I have devoured over the last 2 days...yummy!

2 comments:

  1. Almond Joys and Pumpkin Bread. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you don't see hiding under those Almond joys are rolos, caramels, and Hershey miniatures...candy heaven.

    ReplyDelete