Sunday, September 23, 2012

Run, Refuel, Repeat

After the race yesterday I was on such a runner's high, almost like nothing I had felt before. I was drunk on the endorphins and loving every minute of it. I had just run 4.97 miles and it was time to stuff my face! 

First recovery fuel was of course a banana, my favorite post race treat. Then I ate some "freebie" cookies that don't count in the grand scheme of the food day :-). Following this sugar high was a powerade zero and the other half of my chocolate mint clif bar from the morning, which might as well have been another cookie ha ha. 

Chris suggested that we get some tatonuts on the way home (these are donuts made from potatoes and oh so yummy) and I was all for it, the more sugar, the better, bring it on! Chris changed his mind and my blood sugar quietly thanked him. Of course once we got back it was candy corn snacking time (I will fill you in on my candy corn obsession in a later post)


After we both got showers, we headed out to restock our running fuel for future races and training sessions. By the time we got to Newk's (a wonderfully delicious sandwich shop) we were famished! I got a side salad and half a chicken salad sandwich. There was a total of 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 cucumbers, and 10 croutons. Now I am a bread loving girl, but the point of the salad was because I wanted some veggies, come on Newk's, don't be so stingy! I got ranch dressing and though I never thought I would see the day, there was too much ranch!! What!?! how is that possible?? 

My chicken salad sandwich, however, did not disappoint and my tummy did a little happy dance. I couldn't finish the whole thing so I got to take half of that beauty home for dinner and enjoy the tummy happy dance all over again. 

After dinner it was time to feed my sugar addiction and fuel up for my long 13.5 mile run today. Needless to say I fell into a sugar coma and my internal organs became crystallized. See below for just a taste of what I ate for my dessert/4th meal.


 

 A candy corn cornacoppia and coma inducing yumminess.

Has anyone tried these delicious concoctions? I've heard many people say they are nasty but hello! It's a cookie, how could it ever be gross?

No comments:

Post a Comment