Monday, September 17, 2012

Running on empty

Waking up at 4:45am for my long run on Sunday morning + not going to sleep until after midnight that night, then waking up after only getting about 6.5 hours of sleep= laying in bed all day with my laptop and tv. I hate when I can't sleep or even take a nap because then I have absolutely no energy. Why can't I sleep???

I know I said I was going to take it easy today after my rockin' long run yesterday but this is a bit ridiculous. I really need a shower but can't even motivate myself to do that. Blah. The fact that we are getting wonderfully delicious thunderstorms today makes it even harder to get out of bed. 

Even my baby girl, Daisy, is tired of me laying around, and that's what she does best as proven by the below pic

 Okay enough of the negativity, I WILL get up and take a shower, then I WILL stay up and clean the bathrooms. Then if I'm feeling super motivated I can work on organizing our digital pictures, which is the huge project I keep ignoring for days on end until I give in and work on it and nothing else. 

I am feeling a little soreness and some twinging in places where I have some old injuries today so I am glad I decided to take it easy but I can't wait to get back at it tomorrow. In the mean time I am icing, heating, and rolling to make sure I am all good. I am really enjoying seeing how much progress I have made during this training. I am actually doing it right this time around and hopefully avoiding the injuries that plagued my half marathon training last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment